carry out only
3/8 Let's Talk & Dine Together International Women's Day Celebration
POWER. PARITY. POSITIVE COLLABORATION.
DINNER + CONVERSATION
What better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than to Dine Together as one city to celebrate women? Twenty of Chicago’s leading Let’s Talk women restaurateurs invite you to our collaborative surprise multi-restaurant tasting dinners for takeout (pick up & delivery) across Chicago. This unparalleled dining experience is paired with a moderated zoom conversation by Congresswoman Marie Newman with our Chicago Let’s Talk Womxn restaurateurs (now 30 strong) on March 8th 7-8pm. Dinner orders must be placed by March 4th. Support Let’s Talk and share this event and order link with all in your circles.
Converse with the Let’s Talk Womxn and hear our perspectives on parity, power and positive collaboration. Learn about our food, our businesses, our journey fighting the crisis, and our Let’s Talk collaboration – over twelve cities and 350+ women restaurateurs – to lift each other up in the midst of this debacle. Let’s Talk is delighted to unite our cities around the country to “Dine Together & Let’s Talk” on IWD: Chicago, DC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Lexington, Cincinnati, Boston, SF Bay Area (Louisville, Seattle, LA TBD). Engage with us and send us your questions on instagram @LetsTalkWomxn or Twitter @rohinivermilion.
This is an evening to share with all in your social and corporate circles, especially all the men. Championing parity is far from solely a women’s cause. Invite your colleagues, friends, daughters and sons and join Dine Together & Let’s Talk to change the dialogue around parity, power, and positive collaboration.
The $85 four-coursed dinner for two adults or $160 eight-coursed dinner for two adults includes the zoom conversation. Fees/taxes and cocktails are additional. Order dinner by March 4th. You will receive a zoom link by March 6th. Pick up dinner 3-6pm on March 8th across five zones in Chicago. Dine Together with us & Let’s Talk on March 8th 7-8pm.
Our Zoom Host is The Chicago Network. Marketing Let’s Talk Partners include The Chicago Network, International Women’s Forum Chicago, The Network of Executive Women, Mariano’s Grocers, Choose Chicago, 1871, Illinois Restaurant Association and Beam Suntory.
Two Surprise Multi-Restaurant Dinners:
– 4 courses $85 for two, plus tax/fees (omnivore or vegetarian)
– 8 courses $160 serves up to four, plus tax/fees (omnivore or vegetarian).
The omnivore menu will contain pork, beef, chicken, or lamb.
HOW IT WORKS:
– Pre-order for pickup on Monday 3/8 from 4pm-6:00pm at 5 different locations in Chicago (West Loop at Paramount Group, Uptown at Demera, Northbrook at Prairie Grass Cafe, Marianos in Vernon Hills, Marianos in Naperville)
– Menu selections will be revealed upon package pickups which will include savory menu items and desserts from multiple restaurants. Cocktails are add-ons. See below for list of 17 participating restaurants
– All meals are prepared to reheat at home with instructions
– Zoom link will be sent so Chicago can dine together and hear from the Let’s Talk Women in your city on March 8th from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Learn about the women restaurateurs, their food, their journey fighting the crisis, their business, and their incredible collaboration.
– Last day to pre-order is March 4 by 6pm
PARTICIPATING LET’S TALK RESTAURATEURS:
– Rohini Dey, Ph.D. Let’s Talk Founder, founder JBF Women’s Leadership Program (Vermilion)
– Mary Aregoni, Chicago Let’s Talk Chicago Co-Host (Saigon Sisters)
– Sophie Evanoff, Chicago Let’s Talk Chicago Co-Host (Vanille Patisserie)
– Clodagh Lawless, Chicago Let’s Talk Chicago Co-Host (The Dearborn)
– Deann Bayless (Frontera Group)
– Beverly Kim (Parachute, Wherewithall)
– Tigist Reda (Demera)
– Sarah Stegner (Prairie Grass Cafe)
– Genie Kwon (Kasama)
– Christine Cikowski (HBFC)
– Laurence Noguier (Bistronomic)
– Julia Shell (The Dandy Crown)
– Julia Momose (Kumiko)
– Sandra Holl (Floriole)
– Mindy Gohr & Esther Griego (Bittersweet)
– Amy Morton (Found Kitchen, Social House)
– Agnieszka Rapacz (TeaGschwendner)
– Jodi Fyfe (The Paramount Group)
– Geri Guidot (Savory Crust)
SOME MENU ITEMS & COCKTAILS:
-Saigon Sisters (Stir fry beef noodle with mushrooms, truffle, egg, togarashi) – gluten free
-Vanille Patisserie (Amber bar caramel mousseline)
-Vermilion (Blackened chili tamarind ribs or eggplant, tamarendo India meets Latin America, south Indian curry leaf lemon rice)
-The Dearborn (Pork and Lamb Meatballs Basque-inspired piperade, feta cheese, soft boiled egg, chive or Vegetarians Mozzarella & Mushrooms Arancini Basque-inspired piperade, feta cheese, soft boiled egg, chive)
-Found (Vietnamese influenced Caramelized Pork Rice Bowl fried shallot, scallion, cucumber, Thai chili or Vietnamese influenced Caramelized Cauliflower Rice Bowl
fried shallot, scallion, cucumber, Thai chili
-Parachute (Pork belly Ssam with Gotham Greens Lettuce Wraps, Ssamjang sauce, pickled garlic, and spicy radish kimchi or Vegetarians Smoked Phoenix Bean Yuba with Gotham Green Lettuce Wraps, Ssamjang Sauce, pickled garlic, and spicy radish kimchi)
-Kasama (VegetariansRoasted vegetables with goat butter and laminated flatbread)
-Demera (Meats Messob or Assortment of 9 different vegan dishes with injeras)
-Frontera Grill (SHORT RIB ENCHILADAS SUIZAS or VEGETABLE ENCHILADAS SUIZAS)
-Prairie Grass Cafe (Confit of vegetables with chopped salted pecans, Capriole goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds)
-Bistronomic (Exotic fruits cheese cake with Grand Marnier coulis)
-Floriole (Hibiscus lime pie with a coconut crust) – gluten free
-Honey Butter Fried Chicken (2 Piece Fried Boneless Chicken,Corn Muffins,Honey Butter)
-Bittersweet (Sour Cherry Clafoutis with Vanilla Creme Anglaise) – gluten free
-Kumiko (Satsumaimo Old Fashioned cocktails)
-The Dandy Crown (Nobody on the Beach cocktails)
3/20 Celebrate International Women's Month with The Abundance Table
A four course meal kit featuring dishes from chefs Debbie Gold (Barn Steakhouse/Found Kitchen), Sarah Stegner (Prairie Grass Cafe), Beverly Kim (Parachute/Wherewithall), Sandra Holl (Floriole), & Dana Cree (Pretty Cool Ice Cream)
Roasted Three Sisters Garden Calabrese broccoli, butternut squash, pea shoots & pecan oat crumble
Avrom Farm chicken stuffed w/ sweet rice, ginseng, dates & chestnuts, w/ broth
Slagel Farm spicy BBQ beef w/ Three Sisters Garden polenta & River Valley Ranch organic mushrooms, onion jam
Cream cheese mousse w/ Ellis Family Farms honey preserved kumquats & poppy seed crumble
Blood orange sherbert w/ passion fruit caramel ripple, candied kumquats & crushed vanilla meringue
– $100 meal kit for 2pp + $100 donation to the Abundance Setting
– Kit includes wine from Cream Wine and beer from Marz Brewery plus a copy of Parachute’s Bing Bread Cookbook
– A one hour Zoom call w/ chefs will be held on March 20 from 6-7 pm
Pickup 3/20 between 2-4 pm